The Addington TimeBank is a Project of Manuka Cottage Addington Community House Incorporated and was started in 2012 with three main goals:
- Strengthen the fabric of our community and support our community groups
- Serve people and give them a means to serve
- Establish new relationships and meet real needs of our community members.
We recognize that each person has talents to share and that the overall community is strengthened when neighbors help one another. For each hour that you help meet the needs of another member, you earn one time credit. This time credit can then be redeemed for services from others. The cycle of offers and requests continues, sharing skills and connecting our communities.
Addington timebank was offically launched on 24 March 2012. You can watch our launch day video here!
Meet the Advisory Group - (You must be logged in to view profiles)
- Cherylan Davies - New Brighton resident and Addington Community Development Worker at Manuka Cottage
- Chrys Horn - Halswell resident and Addington Timebank Co-ordinator
- Sue Gorton - Addington resident and Manuka Cottage volunteer
- Judy Clements - Addington resident and Manuka Cottage volunteer
- Menna Harries - Hoon Hay resident and Addington OSCAR co-ordinator
- Elaine Mayo - Cashmere resident and Freelance volunteer in Southern Christchurch
Our newsletter - About Time
Keep up to date with Addington Timebank's growth and development by reading our newsletter 'About Time'.
You can subscribe or read archived editions using the same link.
Want to be in our newsletter? Then please contact us - most adverts and announcements are free or by koha.
Where is Addington? Click the map below to visit google maps and learn more.